Swift Programming for Beginners
Want to master Apple’s programming language for iOS but been put off by its hard-to-learn reputation? Don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place. Swift Programming for Beginners has been especially tailored for complete beginners to Swift. A practical, hands-on approach and clear, easy-to-follow theory mean you’ll be a Swift expert in no time.
Get on the Fast Track with Swift
To get a good working knowledge of Apple’s multi-paradigm programming language designed to work with the Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks for iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS applications, you’ll cover 4 hours of course content, broken down into 48 easy-to-access lectures. You’ll get to grips with Swift’s language features, create functions, classes and more, hook up a basic UI with events, learn to debug with playground and Xcode environments and get confident writing your own basic programs in Swift. In other words, you’ll be well on your way to being able to create your own unique apps for iOS, an essential skill for any modern developer with big ambitions.
Is the Course Right For Me?
If you’ve got ambitions to start developing iOS apps, are comfortable installing software and already have some programming experience, then yes! You’ll need XCode 6+/OS X and you’re good to go on your journey through the fundamentals of Swift. However if you’re a complete novice when it comes to programming, it’s best to get to grips with a programming language first.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
You’ll never make that brilliant app idea a reality unless you get confident with Swift, and this course is an efficient and effective way of developing this essential skillset and becoming a competent Swift engineer.
- After a comprehensive introduction, get to grips with the fundamental concepts of variables and strings.
- Move on to actually starting to create your first app. Along the way you’ll cover branching, collections and loops, functions, enumerations and structures and classes as you work through the exciting task of creating your app.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Many people admit defeat with Swift. An easy-to-digest approach simplifies the learning process and the practical emphasis means theory is never forgotten before it’s put into practice.
- Building your own app during the course is the best possible preparation for using Swift in real word scenarios as you use your new-found ability to write your own basic Swift programs.
- A good working knowledge of Swift is an impressive career-booster and you can download your certificate of completion as proof of your new found skillset.
- Access your learning whenever and wherever you like, on all your devices, including your phone.
- Once you sign up for the course, it’s yours for 12 months.
- Enjoy a complete introductory section before moving onto the Variables and Strings and Your First App sections, which both also come with their own clear introductions and end of section quizzes where you can test and consolidate your knowledge.
There’s no swift way of mastering Swift, but with Swift Programming for Beginners, you’re giving yourself a great head start on your mission to create fantastic apps in iOS.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes