Photoshop Basic & Advanced Skills Pack: CS5, CS6 & New CC
Grasp the opportunity to learn the functions and features of Photoshop, by signing up to this bumper package that covers CS5, CS6 and CC versions of this popular, industry standard piece of software. As a world leader in the field, learning how to navigate and utilise Photoshop can help you to not only get ahead in your current role but also ensure that all of your creativity – both at work, and at home – has a platform on which it can flourish. From foundation topics, such as learning about the interface and how to draw simple shapes, to more advanced areas including retouching images, working with Photoshop 3D and solving more complex design problems, this project-based course will take you through all of the steps that you need to master the application, and will do so in as flexible a way as possible.
Prepare yourself to Ace the ACE Exam
Gain a new appreciation of what Photoshop can really do, and join this in-depth course today. The syllabus is broken down into three easy-to-understand chapters, which are further split into individual units to help you to learn as effectively as possible. Photoshop CS6 Extended: Essentials will help you to get to grips with some of the basic elements of the application, and is broken down into nine core units which should take approximately seven hours to complete. Once this chapter is complete, you will move on to some of the more advanced techniques, which will take a further 5 study hours. Finally, you will move on to learn about Photoshop CC – the new Creative Cloud version of the software. The 12 chapters within this portion of the syllabus will take an average of 5 hours to complete, and by the end of it, you’ll be ready to sit the Photoshop ACE exam in Visual Communications, which is the highest certification that you can achieve. Holding this qualification will prove your skills and help you to further your career within the digital design industry.
Practice your Skills with the Photoshop Software
Course delivery is online, giving you ample flexibility and convenience to complete the syllabus within your own time, whenever you have a spare hour or two. It’s recommended that you have the Photoshop software to hand during your study, so that you can practice your new-found skills. If you don’t already have it, you can sign up for a free trial of the software online.
Key Learning Points
This course is ideal for those who want to take a comprehensive look at Photoshop – from essential through to advanced skills – complete with exam preparation to prove their proficiency.
- Explore the various interfaces, panels and settings that are found within the different versions of Photoshop and familiarise yourself with them.
- Learn how to make selections using tools such as the lasso and magic wand, and use the quick selection and refine edge tools with proficiency.
- Learn how to create layer masks, and feel comfortable working with them.
- Discover how to create composite images, how to load and paste selections and how to work with layer styles, opacity and the gradient tool.
- Learn how to work competently with text, including how to add layer styles and designing text to suit different audiences.
- Learn how to restore and correct photographs, using healing brushes and spot tool.
- Feel confident using the pen tool and brush panels, so that you can create drawings and paintings that can rival professional images. Dabble with textures and lights to create images that look real.
- Get to grips with Adobe Bridge and feel confident using it.
- Learn how to create a photo gallery on the web and how to improve image composition with cropping and auto adjustments.
- Explore the 3D modelling element of Photoshop, including how to create a smooth grayscale gradient and how to merge various 3D layers.
- Learn how to competently use pixel and vector-based tools.
- Gain insight into the Photoshop ACE exam, and feel confident in your preparation for it.
Advantages of this course
- Go from beginner to expert with this bumper Photoshop course package that leaves no stone in this software unturned!
- Improve your Photoshop skills vastly and appeal to prospective employers within the industry.
- Free trials of Adobe software, including Photoshop, available via their website, so that you can apply your knowhow in a practical sense.
- Learn online, in the comfort of your own home, at your own pace and at a convenient time to you.
- Interactive simulations can help you to apply your knowhow practically and learn through doing.
- Test yourself with online self-assessments to help you to learn, and track your progress.
Paint a picture of your future – do you see yourself in a rewarding, yet challenging, career with Photoshop loaded on your desktop? If so, sign up for this course, today!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes