The Microsoft MCSA Windows Server 2016 will build your proficiency in Microsoft’s latest version of their hugely popular Windows operating system. An operating system is designed to make the running of a business efficient, managing employee access to the network and IT infrastructure which is the beating heart of a business; helping staff access systems effectively and manage customer and stakeholder’s expectations.
The MCSA Windows Server 2016 course will provide you with the three modules required, fully preparing you for the exams you need to gain certification and showcase your skills as a System Administrator using this popular platform:
- Microsoft 70-740: Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft 70-742: Identity in Windows Server 2016
MCSA Windows Server 2016 will cover the installation, storage, and computing functionalities available in Windows Server 2016, you will then move onto learning how to network with Windows Server 2016; building your understanding in the fundamental networking skills to deploy and support Windows Server 2016. The final module will teach you how to secure your network and manage the infrastructure centrally using Group Policy, and how to connect your internal Active Directory to cloud based solutions such as Office 365 and Azure AD.
In studying the MCSA Windows Server 2016, you will learn how to deliver the solutions and technology needed to manage both on-premises and cloud environments.
This course will help you to function in multiple IT roles including System Administrator, IT Systems Administrator, Windows Administrator, Systems Engineer and IT Support Technician.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Microsoft 70-740: Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016
- Installation of Windows Server through standard manual means and image based installations discussing various requirements and different versions.
- Cover the multiple administrative tools available.
- Storage spaces and data deduplication.
- Connections of Windows Server 2016 physical and virtual machines to iSCSI and Fibre Channel SANs.
- Learn Hyper-Vs various changes and enhancements, including PowerShell Direct, Nested Virtualisation and Shielded Virtualisation.
- General configuration and management of virtual machines.
- Cover the Containers – a new style of virtualisation possible in Windows Server 2016.
- Consider and configure various types of high availability and disaster recovery.
- Patch management and monitoring and the various tools available to ensure the ongoing efficiency of Windows Server 2016.
Microsoft 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016
- Planning and implementing IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes.
- Troubleshooting client and server connectivity to name resolution with the Domain Name System
- Assignment of IP addresses using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
- Various types of remote access capabilities that are supported in Windows Server 2016, including Virtual Private Networks, the Web Application Proxy and the DirectAccess alternative to remote access.
- Options that are available to optimise branch office scenarios, including BranchCache, Read Only Domain Controllers, and the Distributed File System.
- Cover new and improved advanced networking features in Windows Server 2016.
Microsoft 70-742: Identity in Windows Server 2016
- Installing and Configuring Domain Controllers
- Managing AD DS Objects
- Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Working with Complex AD Infrastructures
- Implementing Group Policy
- Understanding Microsoft Azure AD and Directory Synchronisation
- Monitoring and Recovering AD DS
- Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
- Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
- Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Expert instructor-led training from subject matter experts with a minimum of 15 years’ industry experience.
- Exam simulations to help you prepare for the real thing.
- 24/7 access to the course content for 12 months, so you can study anywhere, anytime!
- Learn the technical skills it takes to manage identity in a Windows Server using Active Directory.
- Self-paced training program that is designed to allow flexibility.
- Demonstrations and visual representations that allow students to develop their skills.
- Quizzes and exam simulators.
- World class Learning Management System (LMS) which allows you to interact with other students.
- Learn fundamental networking skills to deploy and support Windows Server 2016.
- Learn how to manage your computing infrastructure using Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
- Get to grips with the latest features of Windows Server.
- Work your way towards coveted MCSA status.