Develop an understanding of the nature of fire, identify the potential risks that fire presents and learn how to apply this knowledge practically in a workplace environment.
Fire is an ever-present risk in many workplaces, and when fire does break out and these risks become a reality, sadly the consequences can often prove to be devastating. In emergency situations, one of the biggest causes of accident and injury is panic – panic, as a result of people being unsure as to what actions should be taken and what procedures should be followed. Therefore, it is vital that employees equip themselves with a basic knowledge of the risks presented by fire, and an understanding of what actions they should take to manage these risks in the event of a fire taking place.
Fire can occur in all manner of working environments, so this basic awareness course is aimed at anyone who wants to increase their awareness of fire safety. It teaches students how to apply this knowledge in a practical way that helps to promote a healthier and safer work environment for everyone. In an emergency situation, knowledge is key. Therefore, those who have an understanding of the nature of fire and how it spreads are far better equipped to reduce the risk and prevent a fire from occurring in the first place.
Key Learning Points
- Teaches students the importance of adhering to fire safety regulations, and how a pragmatic approach to fire safety can benefit all those in any given company/business/organisation, and across a broad range of industries and sectors.
- Equips students with invaluable knowledge and awareness of fire safety regulation and best practices that is useful in both a work-based and domestic context.
- Provides students with an awareness of health and safety best practices in the event of a fire breaking out in the workplace (or at home).
- Allows students to reduce risks and help to protect themselves and others, from the devastating physical, emotional and financial consequences of a fire.
Upon successful completion of the Fire Safety Awareness course, students are able to:
- Know the risks presented by fire in the workplace.
- Identify suitable fire prevention and protection measures.
- Implement risk-management strategies in order reduce the risk of fire breaking out in the first place.
- Understand the nature of fire including the combustion process and how this can cause fire to spread.
- Recognise the importance of fire safety awareness and how this awareness can be practically applied in a workplace context.
- Have full confidence that they know what actions should be taken in the event of a fire being discovered and/or taking place in their place of work.
- Appreciate why it is so vital for every company/business/organisation to have appropriate fire safety procedures in place, and why they must ensure that all staff know what to do in the event of a fire being discovered.
Advantages of this course
- Have exclusive access to our innovative Learning Management System, optimised to provide students with a fast and clean user experience.
- Cost-effective and flexible learning solution for those looking to enhance their knowledge base, increase their employment opportunities and maximise their earning potential.
- Students can keep track of their progress via access to test scores results throughout the duration of the course.
- Consists of diverse multimedia and interactive quizware that’s specifically designed to appeal to any learning style, whether a student’s learning style is visual, practical or academic.
- Students who successfully complete the course will receive an course completion certificate.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes