Diploma In Operations Management
Operations is an area of management that is multi-disciplined, and involves a range of tactical, logistical and strategic responsibilities. In larger, multi–layered businesses an operations manager will control and organise the core function/purpose of the business, and this operations management course is designed to equip you with the skills needed to flourish in this role.
Over 10 modules you will learn from experts in the field, who will guide you through the full cycle of an operation, the key disciplines involved, and what it takes to be a successful operations manager. Although no previous knowledge is required for this course, it is especially valuable if you’ve already had experience in operations and want to progress your career into a management role.
What Is Operations Management?
Operations Management is one area that can be applied to any and all businesses and business sectors, although it’s often the larger businesses and organisations that have someone in the formal role of ‘operations manager’ to control and organise its core function/purpose.
Invest in this operations management diploma course and you’ll start your learning with an introduction to general management principles and the field of operations management, and then each module after this will drill down into specific areas. Topics include supply chain management, complying with legal regulations, managing staff, and cost management. It’s an affordable way to get a thorough grounding in the subject, and a solid step towards a career in operations management.
How Will I Benefit From Operations Management Training?
Whether you already have experience in an operations role, or want to move into operations management, you will benefit from the content of this course. As an e-learning programme, it offers flexibility, so you can fit study around working in your current role. Businesses who wish to invest in training for their staff will also find this course to be a good value and convenient option.
The ten modules of this diploma are designed to give a general overview of the job of an operations manager and the different disciplines involved, but they also go a step further with very specific learning that’s relevant to this role. At one point you might be looking at the different stages of a supply chain, the next you’ll become familiar with documents such as balance sheets and asset registers.
Complete the course and the final test and you’ll be able to demonstrate an understanding of general operations, as well as more specific skills and technical knowledge.
Key Learning Points
This operations management diploma course includes 10 online learning modules to broaden your knowledge of the theory and practice of operations management.
- Introduction to the key areas of operations management.
- A look at the skills, experience and personal qualities needed to be an operations manager.
- An overview of purchasing and inventory within supply chain management.
- More detail on purchasing and the process involved.
- A look at product development and production within supply chain management.
- Examine different market research methods and the product development process.
- Learn about distribution and product marketing in supply chain management.
- Find out more about presenting and packaging your products.
- The importance of finance and cost management, including compiling budgets, depreciation, and working with different financial documents.
- A look at the different types of employees you could work with, including agency workers and contract staff.
- Gain an overview of the project management process, its five different phases, and learn more about SMART objectives.
- Learn about the Six Sigma project methodology, the tools used in the process, and how to get the most value from this approach.
- Increase your knowledge of quality assurance and the importance of maintaining quality throughout operations processes.
- Become familiar with corporate responsibility and how to achieve socially and environmentally responsible business practices.
Advantages of the Course
- An end of course test will give you the opportunity to reinforce what you’ve learned, and will lead to a recognised certification.
- A valuable mix of operations management strategy, technical knowledge and process overviews are included in the course content.
- A course that will help you progress from an operations role towards management.
- Follow an easy to manage 10 module course structure that will take you through each aspect of operations management.
- A sound investment for businesses looking to invest in staff training.
- An affordable way to learn, with everything you need to get started in operations management.
This course is CPD certified.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes