Cloud Computing Training Package (with CCSK, EXIN and CompTIA Cloud)
Gain a comprehensive understanding of Cloud computing concepts and technologies with the Cloud Computing Training bundle. Using a blend of vendor-specific and unbiased third party content, the Cloud Computing Training course ensures students receive a complete overview of the Cloud.
The course is of particular interest to:
- IT infrastructure managers who need to understand and plan for Cloud adoption.
- IT professionals who need to better understand Cloud technologies, particularly those from Exin.
- IT systems engineers who need to understand Cloud configuration, deployment and support.
- Professionals working with Exin Cloud technologies who need to achieve a vendor certification.
- Professionals working within the Cloud IT sector who want to achieve the vendor neutral CompTIA Cloud Essential qualification.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the Cloud Computing Training package is delivered online using the learning platform. Learners can access each course anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient for their needs.
The package comprises three separate courses to help develop a complete understanding of the Cloud:
- The CompTIA Cloud Essential course.
- The Cloud Computing Security Knowledge (CCSK) course.
- The Exin Cloud Computing Foundation level course.
A series of quizzes and flash cards allow learners to test their progress, whilst a series of practical scenarios allow them to practice common responses to each problem. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind Cloud computing before moving on to the next learning goal. Students can also discuss course content with other learners using the social networking tools, helping them share and learn from their real world experiences.
Key Learning Points
As they work towards mastering the basics of Cloud computing, students will first complete the CompTIA Cloud Essential course, learning about:
- Understanding Cloud computing technologies and services from a business perspective.
- Calculating the business benefits of Cloud computing.
- The different types of Cloud service including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Planning the steps to successful adoption and implementation of Cloud services.
- The impact of the Cloud on IT service management and the changes that will need to be made to existing administration frameworks.
- The potential risks and consequences of Cloud adoption.
Once complete, learners will begin work on the Cloud Computing Security Knowledge (CCSK) modules, the second vendor-neutral course in the package:
- Basic understanding of Cloud architecture models.
- Implementing governance and managing enterprise data risk.
- The importance of compliance and auditing, particularly with regards to legal and electronic discovery.
- Managing the information lifecycle, and increasing value through portability and interoperability.
- Improving datacentre operations to improve incident response times, application security levels and to plan for business continuity/disaster recovery scenarios.
- Tightening security using encryption and identity controls to manage data access.
- The benefits of virtualisation and Security-as-a-Service when working with Cloud systems.
The final course in the package looks specifically at Cloud solutions provided by Exin, covering:
- The principles and types of Cloud computing, including public, private and hybrid and IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- How to use the Cloud to improve business operations and mobility.
- Managing security and compliance issues to reduce risk of data loss or theft.
- How to implement Cloud computing using Exin solutions.
- Evaluating Cloud computing strategies based on factors like cost, advantages and SLAs.
Advantages of this course
Students completing the Cloud Computing Training package will have a good working knowledge of Cloud computing techniques and technologies. This will then help them better plan and manage Cloud adoption projects for their businesses.
This basic knowledge will help learners:
- Plan Cloud deployment scenarios that help reduce operational costs.
- Increase organisational flexibility and scalability, adjusting computing resource provisions to meet changing business priorities and demands.
- Reduce hardware and software maintenance costs.
- Improve internal IT operations by offloading secondary responsibilities to the Cloud.
- Ensure that all systems are maintained according to strict governance and compliance rules.
- Implement more flexible and effective business continuity plans using the Cloud.
- Broaden their employment prospects in the burgeoning Cloud services sector.
The Cloud Computing Training package is an essential step towards mastering Cloud technologies and principles. By using a mix of vendor neutral and vendor specific content, students will acquire new, transferable skills that can be applied to any Cloud computing environment.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes