Exactly as the name suggests, active listening is being able to fully concentrate on what is being said or explained, rather than just passively paying attention to the subject. Active listening allows you to feel empathy, or sympathy when understanding a person or hearing a story from them.
Active listening is a skill widely used in counselling but it’s also at the heart of everything you do, both at home and in the workplace. You will learn how to listen to what others are saying, process information and respond to it to clarify and produce more information.
The Best Way to Build Your Network
Listening isn’t just about using your ears, all senses need to come into play when you’re actively listening to a subject. This course will help you to build your communication process with anyone; whether they be family, friends, colleagues or strangers through shaping your body language, mindset and questioning.
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
NLP is an approach to communication, personal development and psychotherapy which has been around since the 1970’s. NLP is used for personal development and success in business as it allows you to understand how people organise their thinking, feelings and emotions; so naturally NLP plays a big part in active listening and the success behind the concept.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- The definition of active listening and its key components
- Identify ways to become a better listener in any environment
- How to use body language to reflect a positive listening attitude
- The difference between sympathy and empathy, and when each is appropriate
- How to create a listening mindset using framing, positive intent and focus
- How to be genuine in your communications
- Understanding the communication process
- Asking questions, probing for information, and using paraphrasing techniques
- Building relationship to create an authentic communication experience between the individuals included
- Identifying common listening problems and solutions
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Improve your communication skills to become a better listener in any situation.
- Understand the globally renowned concept of NLP.
- Utilise the skills you learn to improve your career or personal life.
- Proven principles to back and studies to back up your learning.
- Extracurricular resources given so you can build further on your newfound knowledge.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes