- Learn about Six Sigma business case
- Develop a basic knowledge of statistics
- Learn about strategic planning
- Discover two methods of identifying customer requirements—the voice of the customer (VOC) and quality function deployment (QFD)
- Learn each component of DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve and control)
- Learn to think lean which means doing more with less
- Instructor-led course
- 6 weeks in duration
- Courses begin each month
- 2 lessons released each week
- 24 course hours
- Effectively apply the elements and methods of Six Sigma
- Be able to define, plan, implement, and close a Six Sigma project
- Begin preparing for the Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Manager exams
FAQsWHEN CAN I GET STARTED? A new session of each course opens each month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits! HOW DOES IT WORK? Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE EACH LESSON? The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes 2 weeks after each lesson is released, so you’re encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release. WHAT IF I NEED AN EXTENSION? The Final Exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the Final Exam has been released, you will have 2 weeks plus 10 days to complete the Final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days
Key Learning PointsAccelerate your career in retail banking by gaining this excellent, up-to-date diploma.
- Gain an insight into the importance of retail banking in the modern banking industry and the history of banking in the UK.
- Learn about financial markets, capital gains and liquidity.
- Learn to identify the various types of banking and banking channels such as retail, commercial and investment banking and building societies and central banks.
- Discover the different roles available in retail banking.
- Explore the different types of retail banking products and how they differ from what has traditionally been found in the market place.
- Explore the crucial area of mortgages and loans.
- Find out about banking services such as current accounts, savings accounts, savings bonds, different types of ISA accounts and bonds.
- Explore debit and credit cards and learn how to calculate APR.
- Learn about the different banking payment systems including remittance, fund transfers, online transfers, faster payment service and standing orders and direct debits.
- Get to grips with financial services including the role of banks as financial intermediaries, mutual fund investments and the ETFs and gilts and bonds investments offered by retail banks.
- Learn about the emergence of bancassurance in the UK, finance and repayment products and depositor’s credit and overdraft insurance.
- Find out about gold as foreign exchange, safety deposit locker facilities, payment of council taxes and bills, and BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Gain an insight into the specialist sector of Islamic banking.
- Gain an understanding of the crucial area of customer service.
- Find out what money laundering is and how to be alert to warning signs that it may be taking place.
Advantages of the Course
- Study at a time and a place that suits you.
- Manageable modules make the 12 hours of course content easy to engage with and learn from.
- Enjoy technical support, should difficulties arise.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- Enhance your career prospects or embark on a whole new career in retail banking.
- Prove your retail banking skillset by downloading and printing your industry-recognised certificate with its unique, verifiable code for potential employers to check.
Health and safety are of critical importance to any environment in which food is involved. Livelihoods – in extreme cases, even lives – depend on a rigorous approach to all areas of food preparation. That’s what makes this course so relevant today and so useful to anyone involved in the food service and hospitality sectors.
Designed by leading environmental health specialists from Acoura – the UK’s fastest growing provider of risk services for the food and drink supply chain – it gives a thorough grounding in all the key areas of the discipline.
Level 2 Health and Safety in the Catering Workplace is ideal for:
- Anyone working in a food-handling environment;
- Any employee working in the food service, hospitality or catering sectors;
- Any individual wanting to learn about health and safety in the catering workplace.
The course is structured to blend interactive learning with quick quizzes and a short certificated test on completion. Narration is from Lisa Ackerley, better known as TV’s ‘Hygiene Doctor’. This allows learners to engage with the course content via a familiar and authoritative spokesperson for health and safety.
Key learning points
The course is arranged into different modules, giving learners an accessible structure within which to master the basics of this fascinating and increasingly important subject. Each module covers a particular area or discipline within the catering and food preparation industry, with content including:
- The consequences of poor health and safety;
- The main areas of law that cover the workplace;
- Management’s responsibility for the welfare of employees;
- The benefits of good housekeeping practices and how to use equipment safely;
- The hazards associated with manual handling.
Within each module there is an interactive quiz, enabling learners to test their knowledge and reinforce their learning. All topics will be covered in the final test.
Advantages of this course
- Health and safety for the catering workplace is relevant to master chefs and kitchen assistants alike; therefore, this course is designed to be of benefit to people at all levels of employment.
- The course gives learners the practical tools and understanding to help ensure their workplace is a safer place for all who work there.
- On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Control and report occupational health hazards;
- Reduce the likelihood of slips, trips and falls;
- Understand the level of first aid required at different sites;
- Gain an understanding of how to keep yourself safe through following safe methods;
- How to manage risk;
- How to lift and carry safely.
- In addition to the teaching of invaluable practical skills, the course also provides an excellent base from which to explore more advanced and specialised health and safety modules and programmes.
Master the modern enterprise computing environment with the comprehensive CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle. Designed to help IT engineers understand and overcome common issues, this course bundle will help them understand how to integrate Cloud computing technologies, and unlock the power of the mobile workforce without compromising network security.
This course is best suited to:
- Experienced IT engineers and administrators who need to understand how to take advantage of Cloud technologies.
- Network administrators who need to implement mobile or BYOD policies.
- Security engineers who need to know more about protecting corporate resources.
- IT engineers who want to add to their skillset to improve their employment options and to keep their knowledge relevant.
Using a mix of instructor led videos and self-study materials, the CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle is delivered online. By the power of the Internet, the course is available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient for them.
Students can test their progress periodically using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous practical examples in each section that help learners understand how to apply the techniques being demonstrated. End of unit tests ensure students have fully grasped each concept before moving on to the next task. Students can also discuss topics with their peers using our social networking facilities, adding another valuable learning tool by which to add to their knowledge.
Key learning points
Comprised of eight separate courses, the CompTIA IT certification Training bundle contains everything an IT professional needs to get started in the modern computing environment. From basic computer hardware familiarisation, to system security to Cloud technologies, this bundle has something for everyone.
The bundle opens with the CompTIA Cloud overview, looking at:
- The business value offered by Cloud services.
- How to avoid common pitfalls and deliver a successful Cloud deployment.
- The affect that Cloud services have on IT service management (ITSM).
- The risks and consequences attached to Cloud computing and how to mitigate them.
Course focus then shifts to mobile computing, a key aspect of the modern distributed workforce. CompTIA Mobility+ Modules cover many topics including:
- Over the air technologies like WiFi and 3G/4G networking.
- Building effective wireless networks.
- Using Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools to simplify the administrative process for smartphones and tablets.
- Boosting mobile device security to prevent network breaches and data loss.
- Troubleshooting mobile device issues.
Wireless and mobility networking is complemented by the Network+ course which deals with the infrastructure to support wireless networking:
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which they would be deployed.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific networking context.
- How to monitor and manage network hardware and traffic to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using built-in features to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
With cybercrime on the rise, students also need to be well-versed in IT security. The CompTIA Security+ will help them understand:
- Basic design considerations when first building a secure network.
- Identifying and satisfying compliance needs for data and network security.
- Familiarisation of common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect data, even if it is intercepted by a third party.
Students can go even deeper with the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) course which looks at managing and mitigating security risks through user education, organisational change and policy frameworks:
- Specifying security requirements and selecting products to match.
- Deep dive into cryptographic methods and how they applied within the corporate environment.
- Implementing firewalls and VPNs to protect network data as it passes through the corporate network.
- Responding to, and investigating security breaches.
Finally, the Linux+ course introduces students to some of the more popular Linux distributions and how they are deployed in the corporate environment:
- How to configure hardware, manage software and define file access permissions and sharing.
- Administering desktop PCs running Linux.
- Using scripts to automate common administrative tasks.
- Boosting security within a Linux environment.
Advantages of this course
The CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle contains everything an engineer needs to get started in the modern workplace. By using a vendor-neutral approach, the lessons contained within each module can be applied to virtually any computer network anywhere in the world.
By purchasing this extremely cost-effective package, students will benefit from:
- Full preparation to sit a range of industry recognised CompTIA qualifications, including A+, Network+, Security+, Mobility+, Linux+ and the Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certifications.
- Improved knowledge that helps workers be more efficient in their roles, establishing them as valued team members.
- New skills that will assist in securing a promotion or a new role elsewhere in the technical IT sector.
- A greater sense of self-confidence as they approach complex technical challenges.
The CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle is an essential investment for individuals who want to learn cutting-edge technologies and approaches and work towards several gold-standard qualifications without breaking the banks.