Key Learning PointsAccelerate your career in retail banking by gaining this excellent, up-to-date diploma.
- Gain an insight into the importance of retail banking in the modern banking industry and the history of banking in the UK.
- Learn about financial markets, capital gains and liquidity.
- Learn to identify the various types of banking and banking channels such as retail, commercial and investment banking and building societies and central banks.
- Discover the different roles available in retail banking.
- Explore the different types of retail banking products and how they differ from what has traditionally been found in the market place.
- Explore the crucial area of mortgages and loans.
- Find out about banking services such as current accounts, savings accounts, savings bonds, different types of ISA accounts and bonds.
- Explore debit and credit cards and learn how to calculate APR.
- Learn about the different banking payment systems including remittance, fund transfers, online transfers, faster payment service and standing orders and direct debits.
- Get to grips with financial services including the role of banks as financial intermediaries, mutual fund investments and the ETFs and gilts and bonds investments offered by retail banks.
- Learn about the emergence of bancassurance in the UK, finance and repayment products and depositor’s credit and overdraft insurance.
- Find out about gold as foreign exchange, safety deposit locker facilities, payment of council taxes and bills, and BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Gain an insight into the specialist sector of Islamic banking.
- Gain an understanding of the crucial area of customer service.
- Find out what money laundering is and how to be alert to warning signs that it may be taking place.
Advantages of the Course
- Study at a time and a place that suits you.
- Manageable modules make the 12 hours of course content easy to engage with and learn from.
- Enjoy technical support, should difficulties arise.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- Enhance your career prospects or embark on a whole new career in retail banking.
- Prove your retail banking skillset by downloading and printing your industry-recognised certificate with its unique, verifiable code for potential employers to check.
Why learn Thai?
Thailand is a mesmerising country. It features Buddhist temples, exotic wildlife and spectacular islands, along with a fascinating history, friendly people and a unique culture. No wonder it has a reputation for being the ‘land of smiles’.
And learning to speak Thai will certainly put a smile on your face too. Not only will it give you a lot of pleasure but, with Linguaphone, you’ll be able to start speaking useful phrases and sentences almost straightaway. Just imagine – being able to have a conversation or ask for directions when you’re on holiday, or order a meal in your local Thai restaurant in their native tongue when you’re back at home.
Well, choose to learn Thai with Linguaphone, and you can!
Everything you need to know when you’re abroad
Engaging audio lessons will introduce you to everyday situations and scenarios, whilst the bilingual recordings will have you speaking the language within minutes
This step by step course will teach you to:
- Respond and communicate when you meet people for the first time
- Order food and drink
- Start a conversation and get to know someone
- Talk about family and friends
- Find your way around and ask for directions
- Talk about your home and where you live
- Hire a car and go sightseeing
Choosing to learn with Linguaphone is the ideal way to take your first steps towards speaking Thai with confidence. The course is designed to be easy and enjoyable, following Linguaphone’s popular ‘listen, understand and speak’ methodology.
- 30 bilingual audio lessons – downloadable in MP3 format
- A full-colour guide in PDF format which can be downloaded to your laptop or Smartphone
- A printable vocabulary sheet for ease of use
- Online study – access your lessons from anywhere in the world
By the end of the course you will have mastered over 500 new words and be able to handle everything from greetings and everyday vocabulary to pronunciation and grammar.
Advantages of this course
Learning a foreign language is more than just something that will look good on your CV or come in handy when you’re travelling. In fact, research shows that there are far more benefits than you’d imagine:
- It boosts brain power and sharpens the mind – the techniques needed to learn another language mean people who speak more than one language have keener, more alert minds and are more perceptive than those that don’t
- It builds self-confidence – mastering a new skill and being able to communicate in a different tongue naturally increases self-confidence
- It develops the ability to multi-task – learning to switch between two systems of speech enables multilingual people, especially children, to become skilled multitaskers in other areas too
- It improves memory and other brain functions –the brain is like a muscle. The more it’s used, the better it works
So why not book a Thai course today – and say s̄wạs̄dī to learning an exciting new language?
Explore and master the fundamental techniques of designing, deploying and managing a Cisco-based network with the CCNA & CCNP bundle. Using expert instructor-led training, customised presentations, practice exams and other learning supplements, students will have all the materials they need to master advanced Cisco networking techniques at their own pace.
The CCNA and CCNP bundle will prepare students to sit and pass the exams required for both qualifications – regarded as the gold standard for network engineers. By selecting this double package, students have access to the materials for both Cisco qualifications, giving them all the skills they need to build and manage a complete enterprise-class corporate network.
The CCNA and CCNP bundle will be of specific interest to:
- IT engineers and network professionals who want to add to their skills to better maintain corporate networks for maximum efficiency and reliability.
- Administrators looking to simplify management of their networked resources using Cisco approved tools.
- IT professionals looking for a suitable qualification to prove their computer hardware and networking skills.
- System administrators who need Cisco specialist training that teaches core networking concepts, and how best to apply them.
- Individuals who would like to cross-train for a career in the network industry.
In addition, students will gain the necessary knowledge and skills required to master IP, OSPF, ACLs (Ethernet and Access Control Lists), VLANs, Frame Relay, Serial Line Interface Protocol and EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol. Engineers and administrators can then apply this knowledge to building and supporting robust, scalable corporate networks for their employers.
Key Learning Points
The CCNA & CCNP bundle gives network administrators and engineers access to all the materials they need to both boost their knowledge levels and to prepare for the all-important Cisco CCNA and CCNP exams.
After teaching delegates the fundamentals of IP networking protocols, the CCNA bundle will help delegates:
- Implement Variable Length Subnet Masks (VLSM) to improve IP addressing efficiency.
- Understand the importance of IPv6 and how to use it within a corporate network, coupled with Open Shortest Path First (OPSF) routing
- Implement VLANs and Trunks to route and segment traffic for improved network performance and protocol prioritisation.
- Build a scalable network using NAT and PAT to meet the need of a growing business.
- Configure network switches and routers for SNMP, Syslog, Netflow, OSPF and EIGRP according to specific business needs.
- Troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Use Spanning Tree protocol and Etherchannel to add further network functionality.
- Apply Layer 3 redundancy protocols to improve network resilience.
Course focus then shifts to Cisco IP switching, with students learning to:
- Implement VLANs to segment network traffic and improve bandwidth management.
- Use Layer 2 and Layer 3 security extensions to protect corporate systems.
- Configure hardware to support advanced networking services like VoIP and video on a corporate network.
- Design and build high availability network infrastructure using a set of requirements.
The final module shows network administrators how to troubleshoot and maintain their existing Cisco infrastructure:
- Maintaining and monitoring performance using IOS tools.
- Troubleshooting complex, multi-protocol networks.
- Correcting issues identified as part of the troubleshooting process.
Advantages of this course
Upon completion of the CCNA and CCNP bundle, network engineers and analysts will have a complete understanding of building and maintaining a Cisco-based network. Students will also be fully prepared to sit both CCNA and CCNP certifications exams. Other benefits include:
- Learning the skills required to properly design, build and manage a Cisco-based network.
- Fully understand the principles of network switching and routing, and the correct implementation of both.
- Extending network protocols to support advanced IP uses including VoIP and video.
- Apply Cisco best practice principles to real-world scenarios.
- A significant advantage in terms of skills and experience over less qualified employees and candidates.
As well as being prepared to sit both CCNA and CCNP qualifications, the new skills and knowledge will also help improve the employment prospects of participants.
IEMA, or the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, is the largest professional body for environmental practitioner in the United Kingdom and worldwide, with nearly 15,000 members. This course provides an ideal introduction to core environmental issues both at home and in the workplace including natural cycles and life support systems and how business affects the environment.
This Environmental Awareness course has been created by a team of Developers who have worked with experienced Consultants, bringing you a fundamental skillset and crucial knowledge in issues that are impacting the environment that we inhabit. This flexible, online course is designed for people who need a basic awareness of environmental issues, whether that be for the pursuit of a career in environmental management, or a major interest and passion in helping the environment.
The course focuses on how individuals and businesses can come together and take responsibility for their own environmental footprint. At the end of the course, you will be asked to make a commitment to reduce their impact on the environment at home and at work. An optional assessment is also available for organisations who wish for their students to pass the IEMA test, and practically apply their knowledge into the workplace and their home lives.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Once students have completed the course, they will be able to understand the core environment problems including climate change and resource depletion, and understand how organisations and individuals can minimise their impact on the environment through activities including waste management, minimising energy and water usage and effective environment management.
- The Environment
- Natural Cycles and Life Support Systems
- What is going wrong with our energy use and the environment?
- Sustainable Development
- Business and the Environment – how has the growth of business effected the environment?
- Summary – What Can I Do?
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Online, multiple choice examination consisting of 10 questions included
- Once students pass the online examination, they will receive an IEMA Environmental Awareness Certificate
- Interesting and diverse multimedia content to suit your learning style
- Study online, anytime and anywhere with 24/7 access to the course content
- 3-month course duration, but you can complete it as quickly as you like!
- Full admin and customer support, Monday to Friday
- Monitor your progress throughout the course
- Interactive tools to provide a means of discussing course topics including email, forums with threads of discussions and blogs to maintain a diary of progress
- Course closely based on the IEMA syllabus