- Learn about Six Sigma business case
- Develop a basic knowledge of statistics
- Learn about strategic planning
- Discover two methods of identifying customer requirements—the voice of the customer (VOC) and quality function deployment (QFD)
- Learn each component of DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve and control)
- Learn to think lean which means doing more with less
- Instructor-led course
- 6 weeks in duration
- Courses begin each month
- 2 lessons released each week
- 24 course hours
- Effectively apply the elements and methods of Six Sigma
- Be able to define, plan, implement, and close a Six Sigma project
- Begin preparing for the Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Manager exams
FAQsWHEN CAN I GET STARTED? A new session of each course opens each month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits! HOW DOES IT WORK? Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE EACH LESSON? The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes 2 weeks after each lesson is released, so you’re encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release. WHAT IF I NEED AN EXTENSION? The Final Exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the Final Exam has been released, you will have 2 weeks plus 10 days to complete the Final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days
Key Learning PointsAccelerate your career in retail banking by gaining this excellent, up-to-date diploma.
- Gain an insight into the importance of retail banking in the modern banking industry and the history of banking in the UK.
- Learn about financial markets, capital gains and liquidity.
- Learn to identify the various types of banking and banking channels such as retail, commercial and investment banking and building societies and central banks.
- Discover the different roles available in retail banking.
- Explore the different types of retail banking products and how they differ from what has traditionally been found in the market place.
- Explore the crucial area of mortgages and loans.
- Find out about banking services such as current accounts, savings accounts, savings bonds, different types of ISA accounts and bonds.
- Explore debit and credit cards and learn how to calculate APR.
- Learn about the different banking payment systems including remittance, fund transfers, online transfers, faster payment service and standing orders and direct debits.
- Get to grips with financial services including the role of banks as financial intermediaries, mutual fund investments and the ETFs and gilts and bonds investments offered by retail banks.
- Learn about the emergence of bancassurance in the UK, finance and repayment products and depositor’s credit and overdraft insurance.
- Find out about gold as foreign exchange, safety deposit locker facilities, payment of council taxes and bills, and BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Gain an insight into the specialist sector of Islamic banking.
- Gain an understanding of the crucial area of customer service.
- Find out what money laundering is and how to be alert to warning signs that it may be taking place.
Advantages of the Course
- Study at a time and a place that suits you.
- Manageable modules make the 12 hours of course content easy to engage with and learn from.
- Enjoy technical support, should difficulties arise.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- Enhance your career prospects or embark on a whole new career in retail banking.
- Prove your retail banking skillset by downloading and printing your industry-recognised certificate with its unique, verifiable code for potential employers to check.
Why learn Spanish?
It’s never too late to start learning to speak Spanish. And, when you realise that 25 different nations around the world speak Spanish either as their official or primary language, it makes a lot of sense too.
If you’re ever travelling in Latin America or Spain, not only will being able to speak Spanish mean you can find your way around much more easily, you’ll enjoy being able to chat to people and make friends too.
And it’s not just helpful for travel and leisure: speaking a second language can really improve your employment prospects and looks great on your CV.
Best of all, Spanish is one of the easiest foreign languages to learn. Even if you’re starting from scratch, you’ll begin to see the results almost immediately, making it instantly rewarding.
Everything you need to know when you’re abroad
Imagine being in Spain and being able to speak and understand the language? Well, we can help you to do just that.
Engaging videos will introduce you to everyday situations and scenarios, whilst over 40 different activities will have you speaking the language within minutes.
This step by step course will teach you to:
- Respond and communicate when you meet people for the first time
- Order food and drink
- Start a conversation and get to know someone
- Talk about family and friends
- Find your way around and ask for directions
- Talk about your home and where you live
- Hire a car and go sightseeing
All the skills involved in learning a language are covered: reading, writing, listening, speaking, vocabulary and grammar.
Choosing to learn with Linguaphone is the ideal way to take your first steps towards speaking Spanish with confidence. Used by thousands of international companies, governments, schools and colleges all over the world, this is the most powerful language learning system on the market.
This course is designed to be easy and enjoyable, following Linguaphone’s popular ‘listen, understand and speak’ methodology.
- Over 30 audio lessons – downloadable in MP3 format
- A full e-book guide – works with iPads, Smartphones and Kindle devices
- Online study – access your lessons from anywhere in the world
By the end of the course you will have mastered over 500 new words and be able to handle everything from greetings and everyday vocabulary to pronunciation and grammar.
Advantages of this course
Learning a foreign language is more than just something that will look good on your CV or come in handy when you’re travelling. In fact, research shows that there are far more benefits than you’d imagine:
- It boosts brain power and sharpens the mind – the techniques needed to learn another language mean people who speak more than one language have keener, more alert minds and are more perceptive than those that don’t
- It builds self-confidence – mastering a new skill and being able to communicate in a different tongue naturally increases self-confidence
- It develops the ability to multi-task – learning to switch between two systems of speech enables multilingual people, especially children, to become skilled multitaskers in other areas too
- It improves memory and other brain functions –the brain is like a muscle. The more it’s used, the better it works
So why not book a Spanish course today – and say HOLA to learning an exciting new language?
Build and secure a cutting edge network using Cisco technologies and the CCNA Security bundle. Designed for network managers and engineers responsible for implementing network security for small and medium businesses, this course teaches the fundamentals of IP technology implementations, before showing delegates how to boost security.
With its focus on network security, this course is best suited to:
- Network managers who want to improve their understanding of security protocols and provisions.
- Network engineers tasked with implementing and configuring security provisions.
- Engineers working with Cisco equipment who want to formalise their training and obtain a vendor-approved qualification.
- IT professionals who want to cross-train into a network security role.
The CCNA Security bundle is the best way for the administrators of Cisco networks to learn how to design, implement and manage a secure network they work towards the gold standard CCNA certification.
After covering networking fundamentals, engineers will move onto learning the techniques required to secure Cisco hardware and networks. From router lockdown to Access Control Lists (ACLs), through to IOS Firewall setup, students will learn how to protect data and network resources from intruders.
Key Learning Points
As a three part bundle of courses, the Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security module will prove to be of greatest interest to network security professionals. Using a combination of instructor-led videos, self-study materials and practical exercises that students can practice in their own test labs, this course will help delegates understand:
- How to use the Cisco Router SDM security audit feature to identify unauthorised network resource usage.
- Securing routers to prevent hackers from gaining access to key network resources.
- The Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting philosophy – key to implementing Cisco-approved security solutions that work.
- Using Access Control Lists to limit network access, mitigate threats and minimise attack surfaces.
- The use of stateful firewalls to identify and block low level hacking attempts automatically.
- Securing inter-site VPNs and data transfer using SDM on Cisco routers.
To help give context to the security modules, students will also study parts 1 and 2 of the CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices modules – key to achieving the CCNA qualification. These courses take students through the fundamentals of IP technology, and how to configure and deploy Cisco routers and switches in a corporate network.
Advantages of this course
Network security managers and engineers will find the CCNA Security Bundle invaluable for improving their skills and making them more effective at work. These new skills will allow them to:
- Design, configure and deploy a secure network that meets the changing needs of a business without exposing data to unnecessary risk.
- Segment and secure network traffic to deliver an exceptional user experience and to prevent data and systems from being hacked or lost.
- Build inter-site links and implement firewalls and VPN security to protect data as it travels between sites.
- Use the advanced features of Cisco IOS to further improve security and performance of network resources.
Upon completion of the CCNA Security bundle, students will be ready to sit (and pass) their Cisco CCNA exams. They will also find that their vendor-specific skillset greatly improves employment prospects in the network security sector.