- Learn about Six Sigma business case
- Develop a basic knowledge of statistics
- Learn about strategic planning
- Discover two methods of identifying customer requirements—the voice of the customer (VOC) and quality function deployment (QFD)
- Learn each component of DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve and control)
- Learn to think lean which means doing more with less
- Instructor-led course
- 6 weeks in duration
- Courses begin each month
- 2 lessons released each week
- 24 course hours
- Effectively apply the elements and methods of Six Sigma
- Be able to define, plan, implement, and close a Six Sigma project
- Begin preparing for the Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Manager exams
FAQsWHEN CAN I GET STARTED? A new session of each course opens each month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits! HOW DOES IT WORK? Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE EACH LESSON? The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes 2 weeks after each lesson is released, so you’re encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release. WHAT IF I NEED AN EXTENSION? The Final Exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the Final Exam has been released, you will have 2 weeks plus 10 days to complete the Final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days
Key Learning PointsAccelerate your career in retail banking by gaining this excellent, up-to-date diploma.
- Gain an insight into the importance of retail banking in the modern banking industry and the history of banking in the UK.
- Learn about financial markets, capital gains and liquidity.
- Learn to identify the various types of banking and banking channels such as retail, commercial and investment banking and building societies and central banks.
- Discover the different roles available in retail banking.
- Explore the different types of retail banking products and how they differ from what has traditionally been found in the market place.
- Explore the crucial area of mortgages and loans.
- Find out about banking services such as current accounts, savings accounts, savings bonds, different types of ISA accounts and bonds.
- Explore debit and credit cards and learn how to calculate APR.
- Learn about the different banking payment systems including remittance, fund transfers, online transfers, faster payment service and standing orders and direct debits.
- Get to grips with financial services including the role of banks as financial intermediaries, mutual fund investments and the ETFs and gilts and bonds investments offered by retail banks.
- Learn about the emergence of bancassurance in the UK, finance and repayment products and depositor’s credit and overdraft insurance.
- Find out about gold as foreign exchange, safety deposit locker facilities, payment of council taxes and bills, and BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Gain an insight into the specialist sector of Islamic banking.
- Gain an understanding of the crucial area of customer service.
- Find out what money laundering is and how to be alert to warning signs that it may be taking place.
Advantages of the Course
- Study at a time and a place that suits you.
- Manageable modules make the 12 hours of course content easy to engage with and learn from.
- Enjoy technical support, should difficulties arise.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- Enhance your career prospects or embark on a whole new career in retail banking.
- Prove your retail banking skillset by downloading and printing your industry-recognised certificate with its unique, verifiable code for potential employers to check.
Why learn French?
A lot of us can speak a word or two of French, but wouldn’t it be nice to be able to say a bit more than just “hello” or “thank you”?
French is the official language, not only of France and Luxembourg, but also of countries as far afield as Togo and the Central African Republic. So, being able to speak the language if you’re in any of these countries would definitely prove useful – and a lot of fun too.
And no matter not how much or little you already know, learning to speak French with Linguaphone is so straightforward and simple that you’ll begin to see the results almost immediately. So, before you know it, you could be confident enough to be asking for directions to the Eiffel Tower, booking a room for the night in a beautiful Chateau or buying a baguette in a bakery in the Dordogne.
Everything you need to know when you’re abroad
Engaging audio lessons will introduce you to everyday situations and scenarios, whilst the bilingual recordings will have you speaking the language within minutes.
This step by step course will teach you to:
- Respond and communicate when you meet people for the first time
- Order food and drink
- Start a conversation and get to know someone
- Talk about family and friends
- Find your way around and ask for directions
- Talk about your home and where you live
- Hire a car and go sightseeing
Choosing to learn with Linguaphone is the ideal way to take your first steps towards speaking French with confidence. The course is designed to be easy and enjoyable, following Linguaphone’s popular ‘listen, understand and speak’ methodology.
- 30 bilingual audio lessons – downloadable in MP3 format
- A full-colour guide in PDF format which can be downloaded to your laptop or Smartphone
- A printable vocabulary sheet for ease of use
- Online study – access your lessons from anywhere in the world
By the end of the course you will have mastered over 500 new words and be able to handle everything from greetings and everyday vocabulary to pronunciation and grammar.
Advantages of this course
Learning a foreign language is more than just something that will look good on your CV or come in handy when you’re travelling. In fact, research shows that there are far more benefits than you’d imagine:
- It boosts brain power and sharpens the mind – the techniques needed to learn another language mean people who speak more than one language have keener, more alert minds and are more perceptive than those that don’t
- It builds self-confidence – mastering a new skill and being able to communicate in a different tongue naturally increases self-confidence
- It develops the ability to multi-task – learning to switch between two systems of speech enables multilingual people, especially children, to become skilled multitaskers in other areas too
- It improves memory and other brain functions –the brain is like a muscle. The more it’s used, the better it works
So why not book a French course today – and say BONJOUR to learning an exciting new language?
Discover the fundamentals of writing a risk assessment in this engaging and accessible follow-up course, designed for students who have already successfully completed the How to Carry Out a Risk Assessment course. It provides students with a basic framework of knowledge and arms them with a practical set of skills that they can apply in their place of employment.
No matter what type of employment you are in or what type of business you own, every organisation is required by law to carry out risk assessments. This legal requirement is in place to help protect the health, safety and welfare of employees. For some, the thought of carrying out a risk assessment and then having to record any significant findings can seem like a daunting prospect. The reality is that you don't have to be a health and safety expert to be able to carry out a risk assessment, provided you fully understand exactly all of the elements involved in the process.
Many organisations prefer for risk assessments to be carried out 'in-house' because existing employees are already familiar with their working environment, and may already have identified some potential risks and hazards. Provided staff members receive the right training and have the confidence to put their newly acquired skills into action, then there's no reason why employees can't carry out a risk assessment to the expected industry standard.
This course guides students through every step of the process of writing a risk assessment, and equips them with essential knowledge and practical skills that allows them to approach the task with complete and total confidence.
Key Learning Points
This course is aimed at students who have already successfully completed the How to Carry Out a Risk Assessment course, and focuses on the specifics of recording any significant findings to an acceptable industry standard. It is aimed at employees whose role requires them to provide input or assist in the process of conducting risk assessments in their place of work.
- Learn what a risk assessment is and how it should be applied in the workplace.
- Recognise the need for, and practical use of, risk assessments in the workplace environment.
- Understand the key differences between a risk assessment and a method statement, and know when and how each should be used within your place of work.
- Learn how to conduct a risk assessment to the expected industry standard in your place of work.
- Explore practical ways to ensure that your actions help to promote the health, safety and welfare of all employees.
- Discover why it is so important that all those involved in an organisation's emergency response plan completely understand their role and individual responsibilities.
- Learn how to communicate confidently and effectively should any staff member require further clarification regarding their role and individual responsibilities.
- Understand the importance of regularly reviewing risk assessments, updating where necessary and ensuring that all recommendations are adhered to and correctly applied.
Use this course to build a more expansive framework of knowledge, and discover how any employee can actively contribute towards promoting the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others in almost any type of working environment.
Advantages of this course
- Hosted on our unique Learning Management System (LMS), which is optimised for use with PC, laptop and mobile device, and is designed to provide users with a slick and efficient user experience.
- Help with finances: save on any costs or expenses incurred including money spent on travel, accommodation and any time spent away from work.
- Adapt the course to suit your schedule and individual style of learning.
- Choose from a broad selection of multimedia content, interactive course materials and engaging quizware.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of Cloud computing concepts and technologies with the Cloud Computing Training bundle. Using a blend of vendor-specific and unbiased third party content, the Cloud Computing Training course ensures students receive a complete overview of the Cloud.
The course is of particular interest to:
- IT infrastructure managers who need to understand and plan for Cloud adoption.
- IT professionals who need to better understand Cloud technologies, particularly those from Exin.
- IT systems engineers who need to understand Cloud configuration, deployment and support.
- Professionals working with Exin Cloud technologies who need to achieve a vendor certification.
- Professionals working within the Cloud IT sector who want to achieve the vendor neutral CompTIA Cloud Essential qualification.
Using a blend of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the Cloud Computing Training package is delivered online using the learning platform. Learners can access each course anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient for their needs.
The package comprises three separate courses to help develop a complete understanding of the Cloud:
- The CompTIA Cloud Essential course.
- The Cloud Computing Security Knowledge (CCSK) course.
- The Exin Cloud Computing Foundation level course.
A series of quizzes and flash cards allow learners to test their progress, whilst a series of practical scenarios allow them to practice common responses to each problem. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind Cloud computing before moving on to the next learning goal. Students can also discuss course content with other learners using the social networking tools, helping them share and learn from their real world experiences.
Key Learning Points
As they work towards mastering the basics of Cloud computing, students will first complete the CompTIA Cloud Essential course, learning about:
- Understanding Cloud computing technologies and services from a business perspective.
- Calculating the business benefits of Cloud computing.
- The different types of Cloud service including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Planning the steps to successful adoption and implementation of Cloud services.
- The impact of the Cloud on IT service management and the changes that will need to be made to existing administration frameworks.
- The potential risks and consequences of Cloud adoption.
Once complete, learners will begin work on the Cloud Computing Security Knowledge (CCSK) modules, the second vendor-neutral course in the package:
- Basic understanding of Cloud architecture models.
- Implementing governance and managing enterprise data risk.
- The importance of compliance and auditing, particularly with regards to legal and electronic discovery.
- Managing the information lifecycle, and increasing value through portability and interoperability.
- Improving datacentre operations to improve incident response times, application security levels and to plan for business continuity/disaster recovery scenarios.
- Tightening security using encryption and identity controls to manage data access.
- The benefits of virtualisation and Security-as-a-Service when working with Cloud systems.
The final course in the package looks specifically at Cloud solutions provided by Exin, covering:
- The principles and types of Cloud computing, including public, private and hybrid and IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- How to use the Cloud to improve business operations and mobility.
- Managing security and compliance issues to reduce risk of data loss or theft.
- How to implement Cloud computing using Exin solutions.
- Evaluating Cloud computing strategies based on factors like cost, advantages and SLAs.
Advantages of this course
Students completing the Cloud Computing Training package will have a good working knowledge of Cloud computing techniques and technologies. This will then help them better plan and manage Cloud adoption projects for their businesses.
This basic knowledge will help learners:
- Plan Cloud deployment scenarios that help reduce operational costs.
- Increase organisational flexibility and scalability, adjusting computing resource provisions to meet changing business priorities and demands.
- Reduce hardware and software maintenance costs.
- Improve internal IT operations by offloading secondary responsibilities to the Cloud.
- Ensure that all systems are maintained according to strict governance and compliance rules.
- Implement more flexible and effective business continuity plans using the Cloud.
- Broaden their employment prospects in the burgeoning Cloud services sector.
The Cloud Computing Training package is an essential step towards mastering Cloud technologies and principles. By using a mix of vendor neutral and vendor specific content, students will acquire new, transferable skills that can be applied to any Cloud computing environment.