- Learn about Six Sigma business case
- Develop a basic knowledge of statistics
- Learn about strategic planning
- Discover two methods of identifying customer requirements—the voice of the customer (VOC) and quality function deployment (QFD)
- Learn each component of DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve and control)
- Learn to think lean which means doing more with less
- Instructor-led course
- 6 weeks in duration
- Courses begin each month
- 2 lessons released each week
- 24 course hours
- Effectively apply the elements and methods of Six Sigma
- Be able to define, plan, implement, and close a Six Sigma project
- Begin preparing for the Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Manager exams
FAQsWHEN CAN I GET STARTED? A new session of each course opens each month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits! HOW DOES IT WORK? Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE EACH LESSON? The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes 2 weeks after each lesson is released, so you’re encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release. WHAT IF I NEED AN EXTENSION? The Final Exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the Final Exam has been released, you will have 2 weeks plus 10 days to complete the Final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days
Key Learning PointsAccelerate your career in retail banking by gaining this excellent, up-to-date diploma.
- Gain an insight into the importance of retail banking in the modern banking industry and the history of banking in the UK.
- Learn about financial markets, capital gains and liquidity.
- Learn to identify the various types of banking and banking channels such as retail, commercial and investment banking and building societies and central banks.
- Discover the different roles available in retail banking.
- Explore the different types of retail banking products and how they differ from what has traditionally been found in the market place.
- Explore the crucial area of mortgages and loans.
- Find out about banking services such as current accounts, savings accounts, savings bonds, different types of ISA accounts and bonds.
- Explore debit and credit cards and learn how to calculate APR.
- Learn about the different banking payment systems including remittance, fund transfers, online transfers, faster payment service and standing orders and direct debits.
- Get to grips with financial services including the role of banks as financial intermediaries, mutual fund investments and the ETFs and gilts and bonds investments offered by retail banks.
- Learn about the emergence of bancassurance in the UK, finance and repayment products and depositor’s credit and overdraft insurance.
- Find out about gold as foreign exchange, safety deposit locker facilities, payment of council taxes and bills, and BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Gain an insight into the specialist sector of Islamic banking.
- Gain an understanding of the crucial area of customer service.
- Find out what money laundering is and how to be alert to warning signs that it may be taking place.
Advantages of the Course
- Study at a time and a place that suits you.
- Manageable modules make the 12 hours of course content easy to engage with and learn from.
- Enjoy technical support, should difficulties arise.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- Enhance your career prospects or embark on a whole new career in retail banking.
- Prove your retail banking skillset by downloading and printing your industry-recognised certificate with its unique, verifiable code for potential employers to check.
Want to become confident in coding so you can build your own website, develop your fantastic idea for a new app, or even launch a career in web programming? The good news is you can make these dreams an achievable reality with accessible Python Web Programming course, which is especially designed to get you confident in coding in just seven hours – that’s less than a day’s work!
Accessible and In Demand
Python is the most popular coding language on the planet and the favoured program of search engine king Google and social media giants Instagram and Pinterest no less. Not only that, it’s designed with accessibility, simplicity and versatility in mind, making it the clear choice for people keen to get ahead of the pack in the competitive world of modern coding.
Learning at Your Fingertips
Whether you’re an experienced programmer who wants to master Python, an aspiring web or app developer or simply someone who wants to become code literate to enhance a career or a hobby, this easy to access course, broken down into 57 bitesize, informal lectures is the answer for you. All you need to get started on your exciting learning journey through the innovative concepts and foundational principles of Python is a computer and PC, Mac or Linux operating system.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
It’s easier than you think to make your coding ambitions a reality with the Python Web Programming course.
- Python programming may be a huge subject, but the Course Introduction will set you on your path to your new-found expertise, taking one easy-to-follow step at a time.
- Once you’ve got to grips with the basics, build on your knowledge with the Python Programming Review, where you’ll be expertly guided through modules and introduced to the concept of Object Oriented Programming.
- The next step is to move on to the Basic Database (SQLite) with Python section. Here, you’ll find an introduction to SQ Lite, learn about creating a database and table before moving on to inserting data, inserting dynamic data, reading data and limiting, updating and deleting.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Whether you plan to use your skills at home or at work, your new-found Python proficiency is an accessible and time and cost effective way to get confident with the world’s most versatile coding program.
- Monetise your new-found coding confidence and unleash your creativity by becoming an in-demand Python programmer.
- Python Web Programming is designed to demystify the world of Python programming and give you all the skills necessary to make the creative and efficient web-based programme you’ve been dreaming of a reality.
- As Python demands less code, less time and less difficult concepts than all other coding languages, it’s the ideal program for those new to object-oriented coding or programming altogether, making it an ideal springboard into the vast world of coding.
- Boost your CV and open up a whole new world of career and creative possibilities with your new-found coding skills.
- Once you sign up, the course is yours for 12 months to return to again and again, should you wish to revisit or refresh your learning at a later date.
- The course’s high quality content includes opportunities to test your knowledge by working with building real Python programs.
Sign up to Python Web Programming today to get your coding career off to a flying start.
This Fire Safety package will give you all the necessary skills you will need to become a Fire Safety Officer within your company, either as part of your existing role, or it could be the start of a career change!
Here you will learn the basics, through a blend of 4 courses, all related to Fire Safety in one way or another.
This package contains 4 courses, blended together to give you a well-balanced knowledge of Fire Safety.
How to Carry Out a Fire Risk Assessment
- Employees who have previously completed the module, 'How to Carry Out a Risk Assessment'.
- Employees who are required to provide input into the risk assessment process with specific regard to fire risk assessments in their place of work.
- Anyone looking to acquire new skills and expand their knowledge base.
- Those looking to embark on a new career path, boost their employment prospects and/or maximise their earning potential.
- The factors that need to be in place to prevent a fire from starting and those in the event of an actual fire - sources of ignition, fuel and oxygen.
- Common Sources of ignition found in a workplace environment including lighting, naked flames, electrical equipment etc.
Fire Marshall Awareness
By the end of this entry-level Fire Marshall Awareness course students will:
- Recognise the importance of fire safety in the workplace.
- Have increased awareness of the fundamentals of fire safety legislation.
- Understand the nature of fire including the combustion process and how this can cause fire to spread.
- Be able to identify suitable fire prevention and protection measures.
- Know how to effect a safe evacuation in the event of a fire taking place.
- Appreciate why it is so essential that every company/business/organisation has appropriate fire safety procedures in place.
- Recognise the importance of ensuring that all staff members understand their individual responsibilities in the event of a fire being discovered.
- Teaches students the importance of understanding, as well as adhering to, fire safety regulations.
- How a practical approach to fire safety in the workplace can help to protect all those working within any given company/business/organisation and across a broad range of industries and sectors.
- The vital role that fire marshals and/or wardens play in protecting staff members from the risks associated with fire in the workplace.
- Allows students to identify and reduce risks and help to promote a safer working environment for all members of staff within an organisation.
- Learn about the importance of fire safety awareness and how this awareness can be practically applied in a workplace context.
- Teaches students the importance of adhering to fire safety regulations, and how a pragmatic approach to fire safety can benefit all those in any given company/business/organisation, and across a broad range of industries and sectors.
- Equips students with invaluable knowledge and awareness of fire safety regulation and best practices that is useful in both a work-based and domestic context.
- Provides students with an awareness of health and safety best practices in the event of a fire breaking out in the workplace (or at home).
- Allows students to reduce risks and help to protect themselves and others, from the devastating physical, emotional and financial consequences of a fire.
Electrical Safety - Awareness in the Workplace
We have added this into the Fire Safety Package, largely because these days a lot of fires are caused by electrical faults. Learning how to manage and maintain electrical systems can result in a lower risk of these fires.
- This entry-level awareness course provides students with a general, but nonetheless essential, understanding of how to use electricity in the workplace in a safe and effective way.
- It equips delegates with the ability to identify potential safety hazards, and the skills to able to implement preventative and precautionary measures.
- The practical knowledge gained can be applied in both a workplace and domestic environment.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- An interesting and comprehensive introduction to the fundamental rules and regulations regarding performing and/or assisting in the duty of fire marshalling in a workplace environment.
- Designed to increase awareness of fire safety best practices, and give delegates the confidence of knowing that they fully understand their role and responsibilities, and can perform their job to the very best of their ability.
- Ideal for those looking to expand their employment opportunities, increase their knowledge-base and maximise their earning potential.
- Choose from a diverse range of interesting multimedia content and tailor the course to suit your own individual learning style.
In the modern world internet security is something everyone has to take seriously, whether they’re in charge of a large business or simply going online to organise their finances at home. As a result, IT security specialists are in great demand in every business. This great-value online package is designed for you to hone your technical skillset in the direction of becoming an IT security specialist.
What Does the Package Contain?
First of all you’ll get up-to-speed with the skills you need to achieve CompTIA Security+ 2014 (SY0-401) and CompTIA Network+ 2015 (N10-006) certification. Next you’ll learn what you need to know to attain Cisco 100-105 ICND1 and Cisco 200-105 ICND2 certification. Finally you’ll work towards attaining MCSE certification by mastering what you need to know about MCSA Server 2012.
How Do I Study?
Study is conducted online, making this package a convenient as well as a cost effective way of advancing your technical skills and preparing to get certified. Practicality is at the heart of the package, with the inclusion of Live Labs making it easy to apply your new knowledge to the world of work.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Progress through the easy-to-access modules to get security savvy.
- Learn about network terminology, locking down a network, wireless, security terminology, policies and standards, physical security, risk analysis, disaster recovery, business continuity and business impact analysis, computer forensics, types of attacks, system security threats, security assessments, monitoring and auditing, authentication, access control, mitigating security threats, implementing system security, cryptography and public key infrastructure.
- Find out about networking standards, network cabling and transmission, TCP/IP, network devices, wireless network, wide area network, remote access, network security, building scalable high performance networks and monitoring and troubleshooting networks.
- Learn about models, service and delivery models, terms and characteristics and objects storage concepts.
- Find out about virtualisation, installing and configuring VM and devices, backups, virtual disks, virtual switches, virtual resource migration, the benefits of virtualisation in a cloud environment and comparing and contrasting virtual environments.
- Get to grips with infrastructure, access protocols, storage configuration, file systems types, executing storage provisioning, network sharing, implementing appropriate network configurations, network optimisation, network protocols, hardware resources and troubleshooting basic network configuration and commands.
- Learn about resource management, appropriately allocating physical host resources and using appropriate tools for remote access.
- Cover security including storage security concepts and methods, encryption technologies and access control methods.
- Get confident with systems management, diagnosing remediate and optimise, common performance concepts and testing techniques.
- Master business continuity in the cloud and how to meet availability requirements.
- Gain the know-how to pass the Cisco 100-105 ICND1 exam, focussing on OSI model, host to host, LAN switching, LAN cabling media, IOS basics, VLAN Trunking, IPv4, WAN connect, NAT PAT, securing remote access, Cisco dynamic routing, Cisco, OSPF, Cisco IOS, IPv6 and more.
- Learn to implement Cisco wireless network fundamentals including wireless basics, standards and signals, antennas, topologies, frame types, planning coverage, architectures, stand alone and cloud deployments, controller based deployment, controller discovery, roaming, radio resource management, wireless security, WLAN configuration, guest networks, client connectivity, managing wireless, interference and troubleshooting.
- Progress to Cisco 200-105 ICND2 with advanced switching, VTP, VLAN routing, spanning protocol, LAN security, Layer 2 Redundancy, WAN technology and connections, frame relay, HDLC PPP, RIPv2, RIPv2 II, EtherChannel, EIGRP, OSPF, Layer 3 Redundancy and network management.
- Learn to administer Windows Server 2012 including administering group policy, managing user and service accounts, network files services, DNS remote access and active directory services, deploying operating system updates and images and monitoring system resources.
- Master installing and configuring Windows Server 2012 before moving on to configuring advanced Windows Server 2012 services covering IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, ISCSI, ISNS, IPAM, dynamic access control and more.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Technical support is available, should you need it.
- 12 months access to the course content gives you plenty of time to complete it.
- Live Labs content enables you to see exactly how the skillset being taught is utilised in a professional setting.
- Instructors with over 15-years real-world experience deliver practical course content via engaging multimedia presentations and visual demonstrations.
- The use of flash cards and educational games ensure different learning styles are accounted for.
- Practice quizzes and mock exams enable you to progress forward and ultimately sit exams in confidence.
- Focussing on in-demand IT security expertise is a career-enhancing move that will open up many exciting opportunities.
Secure your career progression by signing up to IT Security Specialist Training Pack (with Microsoft, CompTIA & Cisco) today.