Key Learning PointsAccelerate your career in retail banking by gaining this excellent, up-to-date diploma.
- Gain an insight into the importance of retail banking in the modern banking industry and the history of banking in the UK.
- Learn about financial markets, capital gains and liquidity.
- Learn to identify the various types of banking and banking channels such as retail, commercial and investment banking and building societies and central banks.
- Discover the different roles available in retail banking.
- Explore the different types of retail banking products and how they differ from what has traditionally been found in the market place.
- Explore the crucial area of mortgages and loans.
- Find out about banking services such as current accounts, savings accounts, savings bonds, different types of ISA accounts and bonds.
- Explore debit and credit cards and learn how to calculate APR.
- Learn about the different banking payment systems including remittance, fund transfers, online transfers, faster payment service and standing orders and direct debits.
- Get to grips with financial services including the role of banks as financial intermediaries, mutual fund investments and the ETFs and gilts and bonds investments offered by retail banks.
- Learn about the emergence of bancassurance in the UK, finance and repayment products and depositor’s credit and overdraft insurance.
- Find out about gold as foreign exchange, safety deposit locker facilities, payment of council taxes and bills, and BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Gain an insight into the specialist sector of Islamic banking.
- Gain an understanding of the crucial area of customer service.
- Find out what money laundering is and how to be alert to warning signs that it may be taking place.
Advantages of the Course
- Study at a time and a place that suits you.
- Manageable modules make the 12 hours of course content easy to engage with and learn from.
- Enjoy technical support, should difficulties arise.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- Enhance your career prospects or embark on a whole new career in retail banking.
- Prove your retail banking skillset by downloading and printing your industry-recognised certificate with its unique, verifiable code for potential employers to check.
Learn how to build websites and online applications using HTML5 – the most advanced web development standard available today. Using approved content from the world-famous For Dummies guides, the HTML5 for Dummies will help web developers of any experience level get started with HTML5 and CSS3 code.
The HTML5 for Dummies course is the perfect choice for:
- Website owners who want to get to grips with HTML5.
- Hobbyist developers who have already mastered HTML4 or earlier and who need to upgrade their skills.
- Developers interested in creating web applications that run on any platform, including smartphones.
Using a combination of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the HTML5 for Dummies course is delivered online using the learning platform. Course contents are available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient for them and their schedule. The simple and friendly approach of the Dummies Guide material helps communicate relatively complex ideas in a very simple way.
Learners can test their knowledge and understanding of techniques as they progress using flash cards and educational games as well as by completing the exercises included in each module. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind HTML5 coding concepts before moving on to the next task. Bundled social networking facilities also provide a way for students to share their knowledge and experience, adding another valuable learning tool by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points
During their studies, students will learn about:
- The key elements of every website: texts, pictures and hyperlinks.
- How to lists and tables for display on webpages.
- How to insert images, captions and multimedia to improve the visual appearance of a webpage.
- How to build a navigation system so that visitors can find the information they need on your site easily.
- Tips for designing and implementing forms that capture user input.
- Using CSS3 to adjust the visual appearance of the page.
Advantages of this course
By completing the HTML5 for Dummies course, students will benefit from:
- Practical skills that will allow students to build and manage websites from scratch.
- The basic knowledge required to launch a career in website design and development.
- A firm foundation on which to build advanced web development and programming skills.
HTML5 for Dummies is an informal, approachable course that makes the perfect entry for anyone, regardless of their IT skills, to get started with website development.
Conflicts are a serious detriment to efficiency and relationships, both personally and in the workplace. Conflicts and disputes can take many forms, an individual with a grievance, a problem between an employee and their manager or a form of authority, two co-workers or two people who have a personal disdain or have come to a disagreement in a public place or as part of a family conflict.
This course is for people who wish to understand the nature of conflict and how conflict and hostility can be dealt with effectively, it is perfect for managers or employees who deal with conflict or anger from colleagues, clients, customers or the general public.
You will get a thorough knowledge of the basic concepts of conflict management, techniques for managing conflict effectively, listening and negotiation techniques as well as how to cope with a crisis.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Dealing with Conflict and Anger
- Developing Your Listening Skills
- Crisis Mediation
- Examples of Good and Poor Practice
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Defuse potentially hostile situations in both your personal and professional life.
- Implement the knowledge you learn as soon as you finish the course.
- Experienced and qualified tutors available to support you throughout your course.
- Assessments to back up knowledge as you work your way through the course.
Master the fundamentals of information systems security and build a career in the burgeoning IT security sector. Overseen by the Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISSCC), the Certified Information Systems Security Professional qualification is a globally recognised badge of excellence.
The CISSP course ensures that students acquire all the knowledge and skills they need to complete the certification exam and become a proven IT security expert. This course is best suited to:
- IT and network security professionals who need to improve their practical skills and attain a professional qualification.
- IT engineers and professionals who would like to specialise in IT security.
- IT consultants who want to be able to offer their clients a better service.
- Individuals who want to cross-train into a new career in IT security.
Using a series of instructor led videos and self-study manuals, the CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course is delivered online using the learning platform. Course contents are available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient, or to refer to them to help with challenges in their day-to-day jobs.
Learners can test their knowledge and understanding of each module as they progress using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous scenarios in each module that students can replicate to improve their understanding. End of unit tests and quizzes ensure students have fully grasped the concepts behind information systems security before moving on to the next task. Students can discuss topics with other learners using the social networking facilities, adding another valuable learning tool by which to further improve knowledge and skills.
Key Learning Points
Over the course of ten modules students will be introduced to a number of security provisions that can be applied to protect enterprise class systems against cyberattack or negligence. Learners are taken through each concept and then given the opportunity to test their knowledge using a series of practical examples.
During the course students will cover:
- The principles of access control and how they can be strengthened and applied to keep unauthorised users out of a system.
- Telecommunications and network systems that need to be hardened to prevent data loss or theft.
- The role that information governance and risk management play in raising security standards, and how they need to be applied to corporate information systems.
- The importance of secure software architecture and design to help ensure that in-house systems protect data and resources.
- Using cryptography to protect data in transit and prevent unauthorised access of files without the correct encryption keys.
- Using security architecture and design principles to limit data access and potential angles of attack.
- Monitoring, auditing and improving operations security to keep systems secure at the point of access.
- Designing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans to help re-establish operations as quickly as possible following a serious outage.
- Legal obligations of data security and obligations that must be fulfilled in the event of a criminal investigation.
- Physical and environmental security considerations, like preventing theft of computer hardware or potential fire risks.
Advantages of this course
Providing comprehensive study in each of the above fields, the CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course, students will have everything they need, including hands-on practical experience, to pass the CISSP certification exam.
Upon completion of their studies, learners will benefit from:
- An in depth understanding of information systems security and the many aspects that need to be protected.
- Hands-on practical skills that will help security professionals overcome their network security challenges.
- The opportunity to sit the highly-regarded ISSCC CISSP certification exam.
- Improved job prospects and the opportunity to progress within the IT security sector.
The CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional course is a mandatory step towards attaining the ISSCC CISSP certification, and a great step towards mastering network security principles and techniques.