- Learn about Six Sigma business case
- Develop a basic knowledge of statistics
- Learn about strategic planning
- Discover two methods of identifying customer requirements—the voice of the customer (VOC) and quality function deployment (QFD)
- Learn each component of DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve and control)
- Learn to think lean which means doing more with less
- Instructor-led course
- 6 weeks in duration
- Courses begin each month
- 2 lessons released each week
- 24 course hours
- Effectively apply the elements and methods of Six Sigma
- Be able to define, plan, implement, and close a Six Sigma project
- Begin preparing for the Six Sigma Black Belt and Quality Manager exams
FAQsWHEN CAN I GET STARTED? A new session of each course opens each month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits! HOW DOES IT WORK? Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE EACH LESSON? The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes 2 weeks after each lesson is released, so you’re encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release. WHAT IF I NEED AN EXTENSION? The Final Exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the Final Exam has been released, you will have 2 weeks plus 10 days to complete the Final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days
Cloud Fundamentals Exam 98-369
Key Learning PointsAccelerate your career in retail banking by gaining this excellent, up-to-date diploma.
- Gain an insight into the importance of retail banking in the modern banking industry and the history of banking in the UK.
- Learn about financial markets, capital gains and liquidity.
- Learn to identify the various types of banking and banking channels such as retail, commercial and investment banking and building societies and central banks.
- Discover the different roles available in retail banking.
- Explore the different types of retail banking products and how they differ from what has traditionally been found in the market place.
- Explore the crucial area of mortgages and loans.
- Find out about banking services such as current accounts, savings accounts, savings bonds, different types of ISA accounts and bonds.
- Explore debit and credit cards and learn how to calculate APR.
- Learn about the different banking payment systems including remittance, fund transfers, online transfers, faster payment service and standing orders and direct debits.
- Get to grips with financial services including the role of banks as financial intermediaries, mutual fund investments and the ETFs and gilts and bonds investments offered by retail banks.
- Learn about the emergence of bancassurance in the UK, finance and repayment products and depositor’s credit and overdraft insurance.
- Find out about gold as foreign exchange, safety deposit locker facilities, payment of council taxes and bills, and BACS and CHAPS payments.
- Gain an insight into the specialist sector of Islamic banking.
- Gain an understanding of the crucial area of customer service.
- Find out what money laundering is and how to be alert to warning signs that it may be taking place.
Advantages of the Course
- Study at a time and a place that suits you.
- Manageable modules make the 12 hours of course content easy to engage with and learn from.
- Enjoy technical support, should difficulties arise.
- Access to the course content is for 12 months, meaning you can revisit your learning whenever you need to.
- Enhance your career prospects or embark on a whole new career in retail banking.
- Prove your retail banking skillset by downloading and printing your industry-recognised certificate with its unique, verifiable code for potential employers to check.
Want to master Apple’s programming language for iOS but been put off by its hard-to-learn reputation? Don’t worry, you’ve come to the right place. Swift Programming for Beginners has been especially tailored for complete beginners to Swift. A practical, hands-on approach and clear, easy-to-follow theory mean you’ll be a Swift expert in no time.
Get on the Fast Track with Swift
To get a good working knowledge of Apple’s multi-paradigm programming language designed to work with the Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks for iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS applications, you’ll cover 4 hours of course content, broken down into 48 easy-to-access lectures. You’ll get to grips with Swift’s language features, create functions, classes and more, hook up a basic UI with events, learn to debug with playground and Xcode environments and get confident writing your own basic programs in Swift. In other words, you’ll be well on your way to being able to create your own unique apps for iOS, an essential skill for any modern developer with big ambitions.
Is the Course Right For Me?
If you’ve got ambitions to start developing iOS apps, are comfortable installing software and already have some programming experience, then yes! You’ll need XCode 6+/OS X and you’re good to go on your journey through the fundamentals of Swift. However if you’re a complete novice when it comes to programming, it’s best to get to grips with a programming language first.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
You’ll never make that brilliant app idea a reality unless you get confident with Swift, and this course is an efficient and effective way of developing this essential skillset and becoming a competent Swift engineer.
- After a comprehensive introduction, get to grips with the fundamental concepts of variables and strings.
- Move on to actually starting to create your first app. Along the way you’ll cover branching, collections and loops, functions, enumerations and structures and classes as you work through the exciting task of creating your app.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Many people admit defeat with Swift. An easy-to-digest approach simplifies the learning process and the practical emphasis means theory is never forgotten before it’s put into practice.
- Building your own app during the course is the best possible preparation for using Swift in real word scenarios as you use your new-found ability to write your own basic Swift programs.
- A good working knowledge of Swift is an impressive career-booster and you can download your certificate of completion as proof of your new found skillset.
- Access your learning whenever and wherever you like, on all your devices, including your phone.
- Once you sign up for the course, it’s yours for 12 months.
- Enjoy a complete introductory section before moving onto the Variables and Strings and Your First App sections, which both also come with their own clear introductions and end of section quizzes where you can test and consolidate your knowledge.
There’s no swift way of mastering Swift, but with Swift Programming for Beginners, you’re giving yourself a great head start on your mission to create fantastic apps in iOS.
Learn the basics of health and safety with this fascinating course that is an essential training option for employers and employees alike. Whether working in a managerial, manual or administrative position, this course is ideal for those looking to increase their awareness of health and safety and promote a safer working environment for themselves and other staff members.
It provides students with the confidence of knowing that they are able to ensure that their actions contribute towards promoting health and safety in the workplace. It also stresses the importance of ensuring that individual roles and responsibilities are clearly understood by all members of staff. Knowledge is key, and this in itself can greatly reduce any potential risks, and helps to prevent the chances of accident or injury from occurring in the workplace.
We are exposed to risks just by going to work each day. Some risks are minor, and some are potentially hazardous. The function of health and safety regulation is to help reduce these risks so that employees can work with the confidence of knowing that their health and safety is not being compromised. This confidence boosts morale, encourages employees to be more productive and helps to create a stronger working relationship between employer and employee.
Key Learning Points
This course is essential training for all those in current employment including:
- Those working in a managerial or supervisory position who are responsible for the welfare of staff members, and those whose duty is to ensure that health and safety regulations are understood and adhered to.
- Anyone who is looking to increase their knowledge of health and safety in a practical way that can be applied both in the workplace and at home.
- Employees who wish to expand their knowledge base, increase their current skill set and boost their employment opportunities and earning potential.
Students who successfully complete the course learn to:
- Define the terms hazard, risk and risk controls, and understand how this applies in a workplace context.
- Understand and explain the importance of risk assessment in a workplace environment.
- Describe the role of a health and safety management system in the workplace.
- Appreciate the importance of implementing emergency plans and procedures, safe systems of work, accident reporting, inspection and monitoring, personal protective equipment, safety signs and first aid.
- Explain the consequences and implications to both the individual and their organisation if they fail to follow health and safety best practices.
- Understand how industry affects the environment, and list the ways in which individuals can minimise pollution and waste so that it can be practically applied in their place of work.
- Implement health and safety regulations within their place of work in order to create a healthier, safer and more sustainable working environment for all members of staff within a business/company/organisation.
Advantages of this course
- This course provides a comprehensive overview of health and safety regulation and best practice, and is designed to help promote awareness and create a safer and more sustainable working environment.
- Equips students with knowledge of health and safety regulation that can be practically applied across a diverse range of sectors and industries.
- Allows access to our online learning and networking platform.
- Students who successfully complete the General Health and Safety Awareness course are awarded a course completion certificate.
The Windows Server system is one of the most reliable in the world. The scalability and robust nature of the servers make it one of the most popular ways to manage a corporate IT infrastructure. Servers are a vital part of the day-to-day operations in any business and the skills learned in this Administering Windows Server 2012 course will help you to build a technical career in the IT industry using one of the world’s most recognisable skillsets in a globally renowned technology.
Any IT professional looking to build a career in technical will benefit from this course, including people aspiring to function in roles such as Windows Server Administrator, IT Administrator, Systems Engineer and IT Support Engineer.
The Administering Windows Server 2012 (70-411) exam is the second in the MCSA Windows Server 2012 series which will lead you to holding MCSA status. With this status as a foundation, you can build to attain an MCSE and further develop your technical IT skills.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- An introduction and overview to MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2
- How to deploy, manage and maintain servers
- File and printing services
- Network services and access
- Configuring and managing Active Directory
- Configuring and managing Group Policy
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Learn how to deploy, maintain and support Windows Server 2012 servers in a corporate or enterprise environment
- 24/7 course access for 12 months
- Build your career in IT with a foundational level qualification in one of the world’s most recognisable technologies
- One of the first steps to a successful technical IT career
- This course includes a virtual lab, so you can build your practical skills and experience in a risk-free environment as your knowledge develops
- A practice exam is included to test your knowledge and familiarise yourself with the official 70-411 examination