These days, more and more people are working from their mobile device as much as or if not more than from a computer, so mobile device management is a much in-demand skill with employers. If you’re keen to prove you’re serious about your mobile management skillset, getting certified with the internationally recognised CompTIA is the obvious place to start. This great-value online course is expertly designed to give you a great working knowledge of mobile device management, troubleshooting and network infrastructure.
Is It For Me?
CompTIA Mobility + is a great course to have under your belt if you’re keen to specialise as an IT professional who can deploy, integrate, support and manage a mobile environment while ensuring that the proper security measures are maintained across devices and platforms to mitigate the potential risks and threats that are all too common these days.
What Does the Course Involve?
The five modules of this easy-to-access course are designed and delivered by experts who use their real-world experience to give you a hands-on approach to building your new skillset.The self-paced nature of the course means you can study at your own pace, revisiting and skipping content as and when you need to.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Get certified in the challenging, exciting and ever-expanding area of mobile device management.
- First, learn about over-the-air technologies with sections devoted to WIMAX, radio frequency, RF power fun, antennas, governing bodies and regulations, and more.
- Get to grips with all you need to know about network infrastructure including network foundations, OSI model review, wireless terms and technology, wireless media and communication, unified wireless architecture and SSIDs and VLANs.
- Learn about mobile device management, profiles and policies, enterprise mail and messaging, wireless site surveys and wireless device management.
- Master the crucial area of security including mobile device security, network security, security protocols, EAP overview, encryption overview, common security troubleshooting, wireless risks and other risks.
- Finally learn all you need to know about wireless troubleshooting.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Get ahead of the competition by investing in your career in the sought after area of mobile device management.
- Ask your employer to invest in this time and cost-effective training for you by using the ‘convince your boss’ tool.
- All instructors have at least 15-years’ professional experience and draw on this to provide hands-on scenarios that you can relate to in your job.
- Visual demonstrations and multimedia presentations are all used to create the best possible learning environment for all types of learners.
- Intuitive navigational controls and the freedom to fast forward and rewind as you study across all your devices at a time that suits you, means you can create your own bespoke learning experience.
Get upwardly mobile in your IT career today by signing up to CompTIA Mobility +.
Increasingly important in the modern marketplace, Linux is quickly establishing itself as a cost-effective way to provide powerful, scalable server computing. The CompTIA Linux+ course will help students gain a complete understanding of Linux fundamentals along with mastery of some of the common distributions.
This particular course is best suited to:
- Engineers and technicians who work with Linux servers and who need to earn an industry-recognised qualification.
- IT employees who need to improve their understanding of Linux computing concepts.
- Senior technicians and managers who need to understand how Linux fits into their corporate computing environment.
- Individuals who would like to improve their skills to facilitate a career change in IT engineering and support.
The 10 modules that make up the CompTIA Linux+ course are delivered using a valuable mix of instructor-led videos, interactive animations, self-study materials and Live Lab exercises (see below). Every part of the course is available on the e-learning platform, allowing any time, any place, any device access to materials. Students can discuss course content with their peers using the built-in social networking tools, before testing their knowledge and understanding of each feature using a series of flash cards and quizzes. Final end of unit tests and practical exercises help to confirm readiness for the CompTIA Linux+ and Novell Certified Linux Professional certification examinations.
The course also provides students with access to Practice Labs platform helping them develop practical skills by accessing dedicated live equipment, allowing them to put their knowledge to the test and recreate each scenario they encounter in the course materials. The Live Lab operates exactly like an onsite hardware resource, allowing learners to experiment with Linux systems and develop valuable practical skills in the process.
key learning points
The CompTIA Linux+ course is divided into ten distinct modules, taking students from the most basic concepts of the Linux operating system, through to installation, deployment and security ‘hardening’ to protect resources and data. Each of the training guides and videos is accompanied by hands-on exercises to be completed in the Live Lab, helping to reinforce the concepts being taught.
Over the course of ten modules, learners will cover:
- Common command line operations and how to use Shell commands.
- Software installation and management using RPM, Apt-Get and other libraries.
- How to configure and access hardware resources from the Linux operating system.
- Partitioning and managing hard disk drive space and filesystems.
- Managing files and security permissions to protect corporate data.
- Understanding and managing the Linux boot process.
- Deploying and configuring the X desktop user interface to simplify management and usage of the Linux system.
- Administering the Linux operating system, and improving operations in a networked environment.
- Configuring and troubleshooting basic networking services including DHCP and IP addressing.
- Writing scripts to automate common database and email management tasks.
- Improving security to prevent unauthorised access to data or system resources.
advantages of this course
The CompTIA Linux+ course provides a complete, in-depth introduction to installing, managing and troubleshooting Linux in a corporate computing environment. By completing this course, students will have mastered intermediate and advanced techniques required to operate Linux-based systems effectively and to sit the CompTIA Linux+ and Novell Certified Linux Professional certification exams.
Other benefits of completing this course include:
- Learning the advanced Linux management skills required to manage a corporate Linux server environment.
- Skills and experience that will help graduates become a valuable member of the server management team.
- The knowledge and experience required to pass two globally recognised certification exams./li>
- Valuable skills that will improve job prospects and employment choices.
Upon completion of the course, students will be fully prepared to sit and pass the CompTIA Linux+ and Novell Certified Linux Professional qualification exams. Please contact us for further details about how these exams can also be completed online.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only basic level exam in the CompTIA series and this course provides all the information you need to fully prepare for a first time exam pass. CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the ideal skills foundation for those considering a career in IT and related positions. It’s also the ideal starting point for individuals wishing to take further CompTIA courses and exams of a Professional, Master and Speciality level.
What Is CompTIA?
CompTIA stands for the Computing Technology Industry Association – a well respected trade association issuing professional certifications for the IT industry. It’s an IT qualification that’s well recognised by employers and will prove a valuable addition to any CV.
What Will I Learn?
This course covers a range of IT topics, from networking and cyber security essentials to hardware and software basics. Completion will lead to a solid understanding of the technology concepts and practices used by organisations, and the course is carefully mapped to the relevant CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Work through seven in-depth lessons to build a solid foundation of understanding in CompTIA.
- Learn to identify computer hardware including types of devices, internal components, connectors and peripheral devices.
- Learn to identify computer software and compare the functions and features of common operating systems.
- Get to grips with setting up a basic workstation.
- Look at configuring network access.
- Learn how to create, navigate and manage files – including how to compress and extract.
- Understand how to create screen captures.
- Study the configuration and use of wireless devices.
- Understand the security of computing devices including identifying threats, best practice and secure web browsing.
- Look at environmental and safety concepts surrounding computer use.
- Learn to back up and restore data, manage software and implement basic support measures.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Begin your CompTIA accreditation journey.
- Gain IT skills and progress on to the higher level courses and exams if you wish.
- Prove your knowledge and gain an advantage when applying for entry level positions.
- Use your IT skills in a number of scenarios, both professionally and personally.
- No prerequisites for this course apart from basic Windows end-user skills.
- Visual cues throughout the material to aid learning.
- Choose to take the exam (not included) when ready.
- Study online at a time and place that’s convenient for you.
- Fit around your other work, study and home commitments.
- Technical support available if required.
- Practice activities to consolidate learning.
- Start studying straight away.
Gain a complete understanding of computer fundamentals with the globally-recognised CompTIA course. From a basic introduction to common computer components, through to maintaining security and performance of a desktop PC, students completing the course will have a good understanding of the most common issues they will face at work and at home.
The CompTIA Fundamentals course is best suited to:
- Junior IT technicians and help desk operatives who need to develop their knowledge of computer basics.
- Super-users who need to be able to provide industry best practice guidance to their peers.
- Individuals who would like to improve their basic computer knowledge and potentially facilitate a move into the IT industry.
- Anyone interested in studying towards an industry-approved qualifications like the CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+.
All of this knowledge and expertise is imparted in just 6 course modules. A combination of instructor-led videos, interactive simulations and self-study materials are served to students via the e-learning platform, which is available 24x7x365. Students can test their knowledge and understanding of each module using the built-in end of unit tests and practical exercises and assess their readiness for moving on to more advanced courses like the CompTIA A+ qualification.
key learning points
As an introduction to the fundamentals of modern computers and computing, the six modules of the CompTIA Fundamentals will show students:
- The basic principles and use of operating systems like Microsoft Windows.
- Managing software and file types.
- Understanding computer peripherals and common ports and connectors used by modern PC hardware.
- Identifying and protecting against basic security threats and surfing the web safely.
- Building and configuring a basic network, and sharing data with other network users.
- The basic use of a computer workstation, operating system and software.
- Simple troubleshooting techniques and safety techniques.
The course concludes with multiple reviews of the content to ensure that students have properly understood the concepts covered.
advantages of this course
Upon completion of the CompTIA Fundamentals course, students can be sure of having a complete understanding of how to use a computer, and perform basic administrative tasks. Other benefits include:
- Readiness to become a ‘super-user’ providing basic IT support and advice to other team members.
- A good basic understanding of IT issues, qualifying graduates for a position on a technical support helpdesk.
- The foundational knowledge required to take studies and IT specialisms further.
- The acquisition of important IT skills that can be applied in virtually any environment, improving employment prospects.
The CompTIA Fundamentals course is the perfect introduction to best-practice computing, making it the perfect choice for individuals and employees who want to know how to use IT and software correctly. The CompTIA Fundamentals course is also an essential first step towards other industry-recognised qualifications including the A+, Network+ and Security+ certificates.
Master the modern enterprise computing environment with the comprehensive CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle. Designed to help IT engineers understand and overcome common issues, this course bundle will help them understand how to integrate Cloud computing technologies, and unlock the power of the mobile workforce without compromising network security.
This course is best suited to:
- Experienced IT engineers and administrators who need to understand how to take advantage of Cloud technologies.
- Network administrators who need to implement mobile or BYOD policies.
- Security engineers who need to know more about protecting corporate resources.
- IT engineers who want to add to their skillset to improve their employment options and to keep their knowledge relevant.
Using a mix of instructor led videos and self-study materials, the CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle is delivered online. By the power of the Internet, the course is available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient for them.
Students can test their progress periodically using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous practical examples in each section that help learners understand how to apply the techniques being demonstrated. End of unit tests ensure students have fully grasped each concept before moving on to the next task. Students can also discuss topics with their peers using our social networking facilities, adding another valuable learning tool by which to add to their knowledge.
Key learning points
Comprised of eight separate courses, the CompTIA IT certification Training bundle contains everything an IT professional needs to get started in the modern computing environment. From basic computer hardware familiarisation, to system security to Cloud technologies, this bundle has something for everyone.
The bundle opens with the CompTIA Cloud overview, looking at:
- The business value offered by Cloud services.
- How to avoid common pitfalls and deliver a successful Cloud deployment.
- The affect that Cloud services have on IT service management (ITSM).
- The risks and consequences attached to Cloud computing and how to mitigate them.
Course focus then shifts to mobile computing, a key aspect of the modern distributed workforce. CompTIA Mobility+ Modules cover many topics including:
- Over the air technologies like WiFi and 3G/4G networking.
- Building effective wireless networks.
- Using Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools to simplify the administrative process for smartphones and tablets.
- Boosting mobile device security to prevent network breaches and data loss.
- Troubleshooting mobile device issues.
Wireless and mobility networking is complemented by the Network+ course which deals with the infrastructure to support wireless networking:
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which they would be deployed.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific networking context.
- How to monitor and manage network hardware and traffic to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using built-in features to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
With cybercrime on the rise, students also need to be well-versed in IT security. The CompTIA Security+ will help them understand:
- Basic design considerations when first building a secure network.
- Identifying and satisfying compliance needs for data and network security.
- Familiarisation of common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect data, even if it is intercepted by a third party.
Students can go even deeper with the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) course which looks at managing and mitigating security risks through user education, organisational change and policy frameworks:
- Specifying security requirements and selecting products to match.
- Deep dive into cryptographic methods and how they applied within the corporate environment.
- Implementing firewalls and VPNs to protect network data as it passes through the corporate network.
- Responding to, and investigating security breaches.
Finally, the Linux+ course introduces students to some of the more popular Linux distributions and how they are deployed in the corporate environment:
- How to configure hardware, manage software and define file access permissions and sharing.
- Administering desktop PCs running Linux.
- Using scripts to automate common administrative tasks.
- Boosting security within a Linux environment.
Advantages of this course
The CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle contains everything an engineer needs to get started in the modern workplace. By using a vendor-neutral approach, the lessons contained within each module can be applied to virtually any computer network anywhere in the world.
By purchasing this extremely cost-effective package, students will benefit from:
- Full preparation to sit a range of industry recognised CompTIA qualifications, including A+, Network+, Security+, Mobility+, Linux+ and the Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certifications.
- Improved knowledge that helps workers be more efficient in their roles, establishing them as valued team members.
- New skills that will assist in securing a promotion or a new role elsewhere in the technical IT sector.
- A greater sense of self-confidence as they approach complex technical challenges.
The CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle is an essential investment for individuals who want to learn cutting-edge technologies and approaches and work towards several gold-standard qualifications without breaking the banks.
These days, every IT professional needs to be up-to-speed with the very latest in Cloud computing. If you’re already working in the field, or are looking to launch your career in the competitive and fast-moving world of IT, then this easy-to-access online course is ideal for you to begin mastering the important area of Cloud computing.
Who is the Course For?
This course is perfect for professionals working in all areas of IT. Whether you have ambitions in the area of IT consulting, IT technical services, IT relationship management or IT architecture, its up-to-date content is relevant to your professional skillset. It’s also hugely beneficial for those working in the fields of consultancy and business process owner analysis.
How Does the Course Work?
The online, self-paced nature of the course means it is ideal for busy professionals or students who need to fit it around their existing commitments. You can study wherever and whenever you like, at a pace that suits you. This means there is no need to worry about having to attend a weekly class or keep up with or wait for students who are working at a different pace. All the control over gaining your certification lies with you.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Study the six comprehensive modules of the course to get well on your way to becoming a Cloud computing expert.
- Gain a good insight into the characteristics of Cloud services from a business perspective.
- Find out all you need to know about how Cloud computing can add value to a business.
- Learn about technical perspectives and the different Cloud types.
- Explore the steps that need to be taken to implement the successful adoption of Cloud.
- Cloud computing has had a massive impact on the area of IT service management. Explore what these changes are and how they impact businesses.
- Discover the possible risks involved in Cloud computing and the consequences you need to be aware of.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Study at a time that is convenient to you.
- Learn from an expert instructor who puts their 15 years of professional experience into practice in the accessible, easy-to-engage-with course content.
- The real-world examples used by the instructor mean you can easily relate your learning to the world of work.
- Visual demonstrations and multimedia presentations make learning easy to engage with.
- Each module ends with a test so you can progress in your learning secure in the new skillset already attained.
- Flash cards and educational games cater for different learning styles and help learners stay focussed.
- Work at your own pace with the easy-to-use navigation and controls.
- Technical support is available, should you need it.
- Use your new certification to impress potential employers and boost your CV.
- The course content is yours for 12 months on signing up, so there is no deadline to complete the learning.
Sign up to CompTIA Cloud Essentials today to get a clear view of Cloud computing.